In our digital world online shopping is growing rapidly. Our front door’s have never been busier! We can buy just about anything from groceries, holidays, clothing, shoes, books, shares and stock….straight to our front door! The options are limitless. We view our items online, visualise ourselves enjoying the items without having touched the item! When it comes to luxury items and decisions of significance, the ability and importance to see, observe, touch and get to know the intricacies of your potential financial decision is so very important. Luxury items and/or decisions of significance require research to enable a confident decision.
- Be Comfortable – You want to feel comfortable and at ease with your potential decision. Making a large financial decision without confidence will not set your decision off on its best foot for you!
- Be Confident – If you feel uncertain about any aspect, ask questions and usually the more basic of the question the better. The more questions you raise the more information you garner, the more informed you become. The uncertainty subsides which will move you towards a more confident decision!
- Time – Spend as much time as you need with the item for decision and with as minimal pressure as possible. Reviewing or viewing the decision several times at different points of a day and with different people accompanying you will assist you to consider your decision with a fresh and alternative perspective.
- Trusted People – Surround yourself with professional or trusted people who may view your potential decision through a different lens, who may challenge your decision or enable your decision. These people will help you validate if the item will meet your ‘why’ before you say ‘yes’.
- Time, Information and Advice – Large financial considerations or decisions of significance whether in business or personal are best considered with time, information and advice. The more significant the decision the less of an opportunity to ‘change your mind’ if at all, and without significant ramifications. So taking the time and with the right information and advice in the first instance will pay wisely in the long run.
- Instincts – Trust them! If something does not look right, feel right, sit right, or sound right, then it is probably not. Take a moment. Pause. Reconsider.
Property including cars, yachts, watches, jewellery, couture and real estate…. are all decisions of a significant financial nature. A luxury for many! Yet with real estate many properties are acquired sight unseen and with limited research to its structural integrity, risk profile, capital growth forecast, environmental climate aspects e.g. storm or flood water risks, local property development activity, and local market comparisons at the very least! You only need to look at the property viewing times that are advertised, 30min to 1 hour maximum for you to decide whether to invest several hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars over 30 years! As a property/real estate professional we always recommend and provide our clients with thorough market research and several onsite property inspections plus third party consultant inspections and ongoing advice where required. We believe it’s important to have as much information on a property and its surrounding area as possible, to assess and mitigate potential risks of the property within a reasonable nature, and to be available as professional advisor as required. We bundle all this information together along with as much time as possible to bring as much confidence as we can to our clients decisions.
Significant decisions financial or non, should feel comfortable and confident and to be enjoyed, otherwise what would be the point! If you are in the midst of a significant decisions and feel uncertain, I hope these points will lead you to a confident decision.